Braces offered by your Palmdale, Rosamond and Lancaster, CA, orthodontist at Pacific Dental Care improve your child's appearance and address oral health and developmental issues. Although the best time for orthodontic treatment varies from child to child, you may notice a few signs that it's time to consider braces.
How can I tell if my child needs braces?
Your child may benefit from orthodontic treatment if:
- They Feel Self-Conscious: Improving the alignment of crooked or crowded teeth or eliminating gaps with orthodontic treatment can improve your child's appearance and self-esteem.
- Cavities Are a Common Occurrence: It's difficult to remove cavity-causing plaque when your teeth overlap. Straightening teeth with braces makes brushing and flossing easier and may help prevent tooth decay.
- Eating Is Difficult Due to Orthodontic Issues: The upper and lower teeth must fit together perfectly for chewing, biting and tearing foods. If your child has a bite problem, chewing may be a challenge. Although overbites, underbites, crossbites or open bites are often obvious, even seemingly minor bite problems can affect your child's ability to chew.
- Orthodontic Issues Affect Your Child's Speech: If your child's teeth aren't properly aligned, it may be difficult to pronounce certain words or sounds. Improving alignment with braces may also help your son or daughter speak more clearly.
- Tooth or Gum Damage Has Occurred: Bite problems can cause lacerations in your child's mouth or gums, wear down or break teeth, or be a factor in gum disease. Orthodontic treatment not only correct tooth alignment issues but also offers oral health advantages.
- Issues with Baby Teeth: If your child lost baby teeth earlier or later than normal, he or she may need braces to ensure that the permanent teeth erupt normally.
Some issues can be detected as early as age 7 when the first orthodontic visit is recommended. In some cases, phased orthodontic treatment may begin then, but often, treatment won't be needed until your child is between the age of 9 and 14.
Are you ready to schedule a visit with our orthodontist at Pacific Dental Care for your son or daughter? Schedule an appointment by calling (661) 267-5700 for the W. Palmdale, CA, office, (661) 285-8600 for the E. Palmdale, office, (661) 256-2500 for the Rosamond office, or (661) 948-8187 for the Lancaster office.
Cosmetic dentistry is the process of providing dental care that is intended to enhance the smile and correct teeth that are discolored, cracked, chipped, or unevenly spaced. There are several different types of cosmetic dentistry available to give you a smile that you can feel proud of. Dr. Jonathon Won and his team provide all types of cosmetic dentistry at Pacific Dental Care in Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale—read on to learn more.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of corrective solutions such as:
- Gum Contouring – This procedure corrects an uneven gum line to produce a more attractive smile.
- Dental Bonding – Tooth-colored composite is applied to the teeth before being polished and shaped to make it match the rest of the teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – Ceramic shells are used to cover the front of the teeth to hide chips, cracks, gaps, and stains.
- Dental Whitening – Teeth may be whitened either using laser whitening or a teeth bleaching procedure.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge is a structure comprised of two crowns and a prosthetic tooth. This is used to bridge the gap caused by a missing tooth.
- Dental Implants – An artificial root is embedded within the jaw and crowned with a prosthetic tooth.
- Dental Inlays/Onlays – Natural-looking restorations for repairing damaged teeth. They can be used with minimal tooth reduction.
- Invisalign – A teeth-straightening solution that uses clear aligners instead of metal braces.
- Bone Grafting – Oral bone loss can occur as a result of trauma or periodontal disease. Bone grafting replaces lost bone to provide structural support.
Cosmetic dentistry not only improves the appearance and health of your teeth, but it can also give you a new feeling of confidence because you know that you are looking your best.
If you live in or around East Palmdale, CA, and you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, call one of Dr. Won's offices to book an appointment:
- (661)256-2500 - Rosamond
- (661) 267-5700 - West Palmdale
- (661) 948-8187 - Lancaster
- (661) 285-8600 - East Palmdale
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that is dedicated to treating malocclusion, a condition in which the teeth are out of alignment. While it’s not a quick fix, the results are well worth it. The team at Pacific Dental Care in West Palmdale, East Palmdale, Lancaster, and Rosamond, CA, provides orthodontic treatment to adults and children—read on to learn more.
What Can Orthodontic Treatment do For Me?
- Eliminate gaps between your teeth
- Align crooked teeth
- Correct an improper bite
- Prevent excessive wear on your teeth
- Improve your ability to chew
- Improve your long-term oral health
What Kind of Orthodontic Device do I Need?
The type of orthotic treatment you need will depend on the condition of your teeth and gums. Some commonly used appliances include:
- Braces: Traditional metal braces are used to reduce the gaps between teeth or straighten crooked teeth.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is a form of clear flexible brace that cannot be seen.
- Elastics: These are used to improve the alignment of the upper and lower teeth.
- Herbst: This device is used to reduce an overbite by easing the lower jaw forwards and the upper teeth backward.
- Palatial expander: This appliance widens your upper jaw using gentle pressure on your molars over time.
- Retainers: These can be fixed or moveable and they help your teeth maintain their new position after they have been adjusted using braces or another form of aligning device.
- Spacers: These are small donuts made from rubber, and they are used to separate your teeth in preparation for orthodontic bands. They are then removed when the bands are positioned (generally around twelve months).
If you want orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth or adjust your bite, call the dentists and specialists of Pacific Dental Care, at their office in West Palmdale at (661) 267-5700, East Palmdale at (661) 285-8600, Rosamond at (661) 256-2500, or Lancaster, California at (661) 948-8187.
How braces from your dentists in Palmdale, California can make your smile healthier.
Everyone knows a straight smile is more attractive, but did you know that straightening your smile can also make it healthier? It’s true! In fact, a straight smile does a lot to improve your oral, and your general health.
The dentists and specialists at Pacific Dental Care offer a wide variety of orthodontic options to give you a straight, beautiful, healthy smile. They have several convenient office locations in West Palmdale, East Palmdale, Lancaster, and Rosamond, California to help you and your smile.
One of the most important advantages of straightening your smile is that straight teeth are easier to keep clean, It’s easier to brush and especially to floss.
When your teeth are straight and come together in a proper bite, it decreases potential damage to your teeth. Both your teeth and your jaws experience less stress. It also decreases the chance of damage to your temporomandibular joint, also known as the TMJ. TMJ problems can lead to headaches, earaches, facial pain, and many other unpleasant conditions.
Modern orthodontic treatment isn’t just for teenagers. Adults can greatly benefit from orthodontic treatment too. At Pacific Dental Care, you can choose from a variety of braces, including:
- Conventional metal braces, which are the original type of braces
- Ceramic braces, which are tooth-colored brackets and clear wires
- Lingual braces, which are cemented onto the back surfaces of teeth
You can also choose clear aligners, which are the most discreet of all orthodontic treatments. They also offer the convenience of being able to remove them when you eat, and when you brush and floss, so it’s easy to keep your smile healthy.
A straight smile is healthier and more attractive too. To find out more about how braces can help your oral health, talk with the experts. Call the dentists and specialists of Pacific Dental Care, at their office in West Palmdale at (661) 267-5700, East Palmdale at (661) 285-8600, Rosamond at (661) 256-2500, or Lancaster, California at (661) 948-8187. Call today.
Unhappy with the look of your smile? Porcelain veneers from here at Pacific Dental Care in East Palmdale, West Palmdale, Rosamond, and Lancaster, CA, can change that. With five specialty dentists to serve you, read on to learn how this premier cosmetic dentistry service can rejuvenate your smile and self-image.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers, or dental laminates, are shells of high-grade ceramic that are bonded to the front of aesthetically flawed teeth. While they do also strengthen tooth structure, veneers are primarily a cosmetic dentistry service, disguising defects such as:
- Deep stains
- Small gaps
- Overlapping teeth
- Craze lines
- Pits and fissures
- Mild crookedness
Your veneers will require some enamel resurfacing so they fit and bite properly. This makes your veneers permanent.
Do you need porcelain veneers?
As with any cosmetic dentistry service from Pacific Dental Care, an in-depth consultation is a must. During this appointment, you and your dentist will discuss your smile goals and determine the health of your teeth and gums. Consider questions such as:
- Am I satisfied with my tooth color, size, and shape?
- How much gum tissue shows when I smile?
- How much time and money am I willing to devote to my smile makeover?
With those questions answered, you may decide if veneers are right for you. Then, the treatment can begin.
The veneer treatment
Treatment begins with the removal of about 1/2 millimeter of enamel from each tooth. Your dentist also takes photos and oral impressions which help the dental lab fabricate your veneers with just the right size, shape, and color.
Between appointments, you'll wear temporary veneers. When you return to Pacific Dental Care, the doctor will remove them and try on the new veneers. Finally, a tooth-colored cement and special bonding light affix the veneers in place.
Advantages of porcelain veneers
- They are strong and realistic.
- They cause little to no gum sensitivity due to professional placement by your cosmetic dentist.
- They last upwards of 10 years.
- Unlike porcelain crowns, veneers require only mild enamel reduction.
- Veneers improve the appearance of mildly crooked or gapped teeth without elaborate orthodontic treatment.
- Oral hygiene consists of semi-annual examinations and cleanings at Pacific Dental Care, daily flossing and twice-daily brushing.
- You can eat anything you want, avoiding only extra-hard foods such as caramel apples.
Get that new smile
Come see the professionals at Pacific Dental Care about porcelain veneers and the other cosmetic dentistry services that we offer. Our five doctors cover the finest in comprehensive dental care at four convenient locations serving East Palmdale, West Palmdale, Rosamond, and Lancaster. Contact us today:
- (661) 256-2500 - Rosamond
- (661) 267-5700 - West Palmdale
- (661) 948-8187 - Lancaster
- (661) 285-8600 - East Palmdale
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.