Have you been dreaming about a smile makeover but nervous about leaping? At Pacific Dental Care, we can help you change what you dislike with our cosmetic dentistry services. We offer several techniques that improve the shape, size, color, and spacing of teeth and are more than happy to discuss them in detail upon your initial visit to one of our conveniently located offices. If you're ready to receive the Hollywood Smile you desire, please call our Palmdale, CA, Lancaster, or Rosamond locations today.
What To Know About Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Cosmetic dentistry preserves natural teeth, keeps oral health in primary shape, and encourages you to fall in love with smiling once again. At Pacific Dental, our staff offers an array of services from whitening and bonding to more complex procedures like fillings, crowns, and bridgework, sealants, dentures, as well as inlays and onlays. Dr. Jonathan Won, Dr. Kirk A. Linn, Dr. Glenn S. Roeder, Dr. James Habashy, or Dr. Nadia Tabachnik may recommend different services for different reasons. But the overall objective of our cosmetic dentistry services is to restore the condition of teeth and gums, reinforce bite, and prevent teeth from developing severe decay.
When to Visit our Dentist
If you can visualize your smile goals and are ready to achieve them, our dentists at Pacific Dental Care can help you get started in one of our Palmdale, CA, Lancaster, or Rosamond locations. However, it's important to note that cosmetic procedures aren't always elective. If you experience an injury to the mouth that chips, cracks, or fractures one or multiple teeth, the problem won't repair itself. These types of issues may require bonding, crowns, or veneers to restore full-function in your bite and facial appearance, depending on your specific needs.
Cosmetic dentistry can upgrade your physical, mental, and emotional health in many ways. Let our team of professionals brighten your day and elevate your mood by discussing each of our options with you. For more information about cosmetic dentistry services provided by Pacific Dental care, visit our website. For appointment scheduling with Dr. Jonathan Won, Dr. Kirk A. Linn, Dr. Glenn S. Roeder, Dr. James Habashy, or Dr. Nadia Tabachnik, please call (661) 267-5700 or (661) 285-8600 for our Palmdale, CA, office, (661) 948-8187 for our Lancaster location, and (661) 256-2500 for our Rosamond, office.
In an ideal world, our teeth would last forever. But damage due to trauma or decay can make that ambition an unlikely one. Thankfully, via a variety of treatments, your dentist can restore your smile. A lot of these treatments depend on dental crowns to give your teeth back their appearance and function. You can learn a lot more by contacting the professionals of Pacific Dental Care, who service the areas of Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale, CA.
Protecting Your Tooth
Crowns are made to look like the tooth they are replacing, often improving on the original's appearance. They are in essence protective caps for your teeth, often made of porcelain, but your dentist can best advise you on the most appropriate type of material for your case.
A tooth may need the protection that a dental crown provides after the trauma has compromised the outer enamel layer. Crowns are also applied after a root canal treatment, where the nerves inside the tooth are removed and their connections down the roots severed to eliminate chances of infection and pain. A crown is necessary because so much of your tooth is removed to achieve the treatment.
Replacing Your Tooth
If you are missing a tooth your dentist will recommend filling this gap to prevent the other teeth from shifting and causing further problems.
The type of treatment will vary depending on several factors, but dental crowns will be a key component of the procedure.
Bridgework uses the teeth adjacent to the gap as support for the crown that replaces your missing tooth. It requires that these other teeth be reshaped so that they too will accept a crown. Dental implants do not, but the entire procedure does need a larger investment of time. A dental implant is a titanium post that is implanted onto your jaw, and the bone heals around it, making for a very strong bond. Once the implant is attached, an abutment that will hold your new crown in place.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale, CA
Dental crowns protect teeth that have somehow become compromised, and just as importantly, they return to you your smile when in conjunction with some of the treatments available to you at Pacific Dental Care. Make an appointment today, dial (661)256-2500 for the Rosamond, CA, office, (661) 267-5700 for West Palmdale, CA, (661) 948-8187 for Lancaster, CA, and (661) 285-8600 for East Palmdale, CA.
Periodontal gum disease is when bacteria attacks tissues around teeth. People who do not maintain proper oral hygiene are likely to develop gum disease and with aging, you risk losing teeth.How does gum disease lead to tooth loss?
Pockets of bacteria manifest between teeth and gum tissue. Bacteria increases, increasing the space or gap between teeth and gums. With time, periodontal disease advances leading to bone loss and tooth loss.
Other than poor hygiene, genetics plays a role in periodontal disease development but the good news is that periodontal disease can be controlled, even during advanced stages.
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Redness or swelling of the gums
- Receding gums
- Periodontal abscess
- Loose teeth
- Poor lifestyle choices: smoking and chewing tobacco
Unfortunately, symptoms of gum disease are not always apparent, which is why regular checkups to your dentist's office are important.
- Mechanical removal of bacteria at the dentist's office using a technique known as scaling, root planing or debridement
- Locally applied antimicrobial products or antibiotics to treat periodontal gum disease and heal pocket-depth reduction
- Surgical procedures
- Brush and floss your teeth effectively every day
- Regular dental checkups twice a year use x-rays to detect gum disease
- Professional cleanings every six months
- Eating right
- Reducing stress in your life
- Quit smoking
Are you interested in learning more about periodontal gum disease? Call Pacific Dental Care at West Palmdale, East Palmdale, Lancaster and Rosamond, CA. Here is how to reach each office:
- (661) 256-2500 - Rosamond
- (661) 267-5700 - West Palmdale
- (661) 948-8187 - Lancaster
- (661) 285-8600 - East Palmdale
Braces offered by your Palmdale, Rosamond and Lancaster, CA, orthodontist at Pacific Dental Care improve your child's appearance and address oral health and developmental issues. Although the best time for orthodontic treatment varies from child to child, you may notice a few signs that it's time to consider braces.
How can I tell if my child needs braces?
Your child may benefit from orthodontic treatment if:
- They Feel Self-Conscious: Improving the alignment of crooked or crowded teeth or eliminating gaps with orthodontic treatment can improve your child's appearance and self-esteem.
- Cavities Are a Common Occurrence: It's difficult to remove cavity-causing plaque when your teeth overlap. Straightening teeth with braces makes brushing and flossing easier and may help prevent tooth decay.
- Eating Is Difficult Due to Orthodontic Issues: The upper and lower teeth must fit together perfectly for chewing, biting and tearing foods. If your child has a bite problem, chewing may be a challenge. Although overbites, underbites, crossbites or open bites are often obvious, even seemingly minor bite problems can affect your child's ability to chew.
- Orthodontic Issues Affect Your Child's Speech: If your child's teeth aren't properly aligned, it may be difficult to pronounce certain words or sounds. Improving alignment with braces may also help your son or daughter speak more clearly.
- Tooth or Gum Damage Has Occurred: Bite problems can cause lacerations in your child's mouth or gums, wear down or break teeth, or be a factor in gum disease. Orthodontic treatment not only correct tooth alignment issues but also offers oral health advantages.
- Issues with Baby Teeth: If your child lost baby teeth earlier or later than normal, he or she may need braces to ensure that the permanent teeth erupt normally.
Some issues can be detected as early as age 7 when the first orthodontic visit is recommended. In some cases, phased orthodontic treatment may begin then, but often, treatment won't be needed until your child is between the age of 9 and 14.
Are you ready to schedule a visit with our orthodontist at Pacific Dental Care for your son or daughter? Schedule an appointment by calling (661) 267-5700 for the W. Palmdale, CA, office, (661) 285-8600 for the E. Palmdale, office, (661) 256-2500 for the Rosamond office, or (661) 948-8187 for the Lancaster office.
Cosmetic dentistry is the process of providing dental care that is intended to enhance the smile and correct teeth that are discolored, cracked, chipped, or unevenly spaced. There are several different types of cosmetic dentistry available to give you a smile that you can feel proud of. Dr. Jonathon Won and his team provide all types of cosmetic dentistry at Pacific Dental Care in Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale—read on to learn more.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of corrective solutions such as:
- Gum Contouring – This procedure corrects an uneven gum line to produce a more attractive smile.
- Dental Bonding – Tooth-colored composite is applied to the teeth before being polished and shaped to make it match the rest of the teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – Ceramic shells are used to cover the front of the teeth to hide chips, cracks, gaps, and stains.
- Dental Whitening – Teeth may be whitened either using laser whitening or a teeth bleaching procedure.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge is a structure comprised of two crowns and a prosthetic tooth. This is used to bridge the gap caused by a missing tooth.
- Dental Implants – An artificial root is embedded within the jaw and crowned with a prosthetic tooth.
- Dental Inlays/Onlays – Natural-looking restorations for repairing damaged teeth. They can be used with minimal tooth reduction.
- Invisalign – A teeth-straightening solution that uses clear aligners instead of metal braces.
- Bone Grafting – Oral bone loss can occur as a result of trauma or periodontal disease. Bone grafting replaces lost bone to provide structural support.
Cosmetic dentistry not only improves the appearance and health of your teeth, but it can also give you a new feeling of confidence because you know that you are looking your best.
If you live in or around East Palmdale, CA, and you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, call one of Dr. Won's offices to book an appointment:
- (661)256-2500 - Rosamond
- (661) 267-5700 - West Palmdale
- (661) 948-8187 - Lancaster
- (661) 285-8600 - East Palmdale
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.