Posts for tag: Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is the process of providing dental care that is intended to enhance the smile and correct teeth that are discolored, cracked, chipped, or unevenly spaced. There are several different types of cosmetic dentistry available to give you a smile that you can feel proud of. Dr. Jonathon Won and his team provide all types of cosmetic dentistry at Pacific Dental Care in Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale—read on to learn more.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of corrective solutions such as:
- Gum Contouring – This procedure corrects an uneven gum line to produce a more attractive smile.
- Dental Bonding – Tooth-colored composite is applied to the teeth before being polished and shaped to make it match the rest of the teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers – Ceramic shells are used to cover the front of the teeth to hide chips, cracks, gaps, and stains.
- Dental Whitening – Teeth may be whitened either using laser whitening or a teeth bleaching procedure.
- Dental Bridges – A bridge is a structure comprised of two crowns and a prosthetic tooth. This is used to bridge the gap caused by a missing tooth.
- Dental Implants – An artificial root is embedded within the jaw and crowned with a prosthetic tooth.
- Dental Inlays/Onlays – Natural-looking restorations for repairing damaged teeth. They can be used with minimal tooth reduction.
- Invisalign – A teeth-straightening solution that uses clear aligners instead of metal braces.
- Bone Grafting – Oral bone loss can occur as a result of trauma or periodontal disease. Bone grafting replaces lost bone to provide structural support.
Cosmetic dentistry not only improves the appearance and health of your teeth, but it can also give you a new feeling of confidence because you know that you are looking your best.
If you live in or around East Palmdale, CA, and you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, call one of Dr. Won's offices to book an appointment:
- (661)256-2500 - Rosamond
- (661) 267-5700 - West Palmdale
- (661) 948-8187 - Lancaster
- (661) 285-8600 - East Palmdale
Some patients have to wait years and go to many dental appointments to get the beautiful smile that they’ve always wanted. If waiting that long simply isn’t an option for you, talk to your dentist about dental veneers. With veneers, you get a big difference in the appearance of your smile with a very small procedure that can be completed in about two or three appointments. Learn more about veneers from your Palmdale, CA dentist.
What Are Dental Veneers?
A veneer is a covering placed over the surface of a tooth to make it look more attractive, whiter and more naturally shaped. It’s commonly made of porcelain, which is a very tough and durable material that resembles natural tooth enamel. The veneer resists staining and fixes a number of common cosmetic problems, including chipping, gaps and ridges in the teeth.
What Will Happen at the Veneer Appointment?
When it’s clear that veneers can help your smile, the next step is to get your teeth prepared for them. The preparation process involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel from the front of the tooth to make room for the veneer and ensure a proper bond. Since a veneer is as thin as a contact lens, less than a millimeter of enamel is removed from the surface of the tooth. The Palmdale, CA dentist will take an impression of the tooth so that a proper veneer can be made. At the final appointment, the veneer is bonded and shaped to perfection.
How Long Will this New Smile Last?
Veneers are a wonder of cosmetic dentistry not just because they give you a big difference in your smile with a small procedure, but also because they are long-lasting. Once a porcelain veneer is bonded, it can last for as long as 20 years—maybe even longer. It’s important to treat your veneers with as much TLC as your other teeth to keep them looking great for as long as possible.
How Do You Care for Veneers?
The veneer has a strong bond to your tooth, but you have to keep it clean and free from plaque buildup to ensure its ongoing health and resilience. Brush around all surfaces of the tooth and floss between the teeth daily. Avoid biting hot foods (or drinking hot beverages) with your veneers as much as possible and drink less sugary beverages. One of the most important things to remember after you get veneers is to keep up with twice-yearly appointments for cleanings and checkups.
Contact your Palmdale, CA Dentist
Veneers can give your smile a makeover that you never imagined was possible, and it only takes one small dental procedure to make a big difference. Call your Palmdale, CA dentist for a veneers appointment today.
Welcome to the Blog of West Palmdale Dental Office
Whether you are an existing patient or searching for a dentist in the Palmdale, CA area, we’re excited you are here. With the dental industry advancing, we recognize the importance of keeping our patients and visitors up to date with all of the new and exciting things taking place in our practice.
As we move forward with our blog, we hope to promote dental awareness as a vital part of your healthy lifestyle. Here you will find a variety of articles and topics including dental news, advancements in dental technology and treatments, practical oral health advice and updates from our practice.
We hope you find our blog to be helpful, engaging and informational to ensure your best dental health.
As always, feel free to contact our West Palmdale Dental office with any dental questions or concerns.
-- West Palmdale Dental Office