Posts for tag: Dental Implants
Do you have a missing tooth? If so, then you may be interested in dental implants in Palmdale, CA. You need to learn more about how this process works so you can figure out if this is right for you. If so, Pacific Dental Care can help you in Rosamund, Lancaster, West Palmdale, or East Palmdale.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants in Palmdale, CA are a way to help people who are missing one or more teeth. There are two parts to a dental implant. The first is a screw that is placed in the jaw. The screw acts as the root of the implant, keeping the cap in place. Then, a porcelain cap is screwed on top of the screw. The cap matches the surrounding native teeth. They come in all shades and sizes, so the dentist can tailor them to match your teeth. Once the dental implant has healed, you can eat a regular diet.
How Can a Dental Implant Help You?
There are several benefits of having dental implants. These include:
- A dental implant is customized to match the surrounding teeth. Therefore, it is nearly impossible to differentiate the implant from the native teeth.
- A dental implant is incredibly strong and durable. It is not unusual for a dental implant to last for the rest of someone's life.
- Once you have a dental implant in place, you can eat a regular diet. You don't have to worry about breaking the dental implant if you bite into something hard.
- A dental implant is relatively easy to take care of. You simply have to brush and floss the dental implant the same way you do your native teeth.
These are just a few of the many benefits of having a dental implant placed. If you think a dental implant might be right for you, then meet with an oral health professional in the local area to discuss your options. This could be a way for you to restore your smile.
What Is the Recovery Process Like?
There are several points to note about the recovery process. These include:
- A dental implant is usually placed in two sittings. One is for the screw and the other is for the cap.
- You might feel a bit sore for a few days, but many people do not require any prescription pain medication.
- It may take some time for the gums to heal, so they might be sensitive for a while.
If you are looking for dental implants in Palmdale, CA, then Pacific Dental Care can help you. Call (661) 256-2500 for Rosamond, (661) 267-5700 for West Palmdale, (661) 948-8187 for Lancaster, and (661) 285-8600 for East Palmdale today to make an appointment!
Everyone aspires to have a picture-perfect smile, but sometimes the years take their toll. Whether damage, decay or aging have put a damper on your smile, Pacific Dental Care in Palmdale, Rosamond, and Lancaster, CA can bring your smile back to its best with dental implants.
Dental implants are a safe, effective way to restore missing teeth.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a post, shaped like a screw, which is secured under your gums and into the jawbone to serve as the root for an artificial tooth, which will be affixed to the top of the dental implant.
Why are dental implants a good option?
Unlike the most common alternative to dental implants -- dentures -- dental implants are permanent, which takes away the fuss of removing them for cleaning, the embarrassment of having them potentially impede your speech and the discomfort of them shifting around in your mouth. Not to mention, dental implants are cared for just like your original teeth, with brushing and flossing.
What is the process for dental implants?
Your Palmdale dentist will set up the procedure to be as comfortable for you as possible, applying an anesthetic to dull any pain you might experience. A small incision will be made in your gum, making room for the implant to be screwed firmly into place in your jaw. During the next weeks to months, the bone will grow around the implant and create a strong base for an artificial tooth, which will be attached to the top of the implant. Your dentist will use a replacement tooth matched to the shade and shape of your natural teeth, making it undetectable.
How do I take care of my dental implants?
You will need to brush, floss and rinse as normal, making sure to see your Palmdale dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
Don't wait another day for your best smile. Ask Pacific Dental Care in Palmdale, Rosamond, and Lancaster, CA about dental implants. Call today.