Are you a candidate for dental implants?
When you are missing teeth, it is critical to replace them. Without all your teeth, chewing and eating can be challenging, as well as uncomfortable. Missing teeth can also destabilize your bite. Dental implants are a great option for replacing teeth that are missing or are badly diseased. A dental implant at Pacific Dental Care in Palmdale, CA, offers relief, support, and stability to your bite, and often, implants are the most natural and effective option available.
Our team has helped many patients using implant dentistry at our office restore their smiles to look more natural. Each implant is created to fit in perfectly with the look of the rest of your teeth.
Besides making your smile appear more natural, dental implants have other benefits. They include:
- Restoring your ability to properly chew food
- Preventing your teeth from shifting and moving
- Stabilizing your bite, helping you avoid pain or discomfort
If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth and feel like you are a candidate for dental implants, our team at Pacific Dental Care in Palmdale, CA, encourage you to give us a call to schedule an appointment. You can reach our office at (661) 267-5700.
If you are interested in teeth whitening in East Palmdale, Rosamond, Lancaster, or West Palmdale, CA, the dentists at Pacific Dental Care provide the services you need.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
The following are five benefits of whitening your teeth.
Having a bright, white smile can make anyone feel better about themselves. And when you feel good about smiling, you do it more often. This leads not only to higher self-esteem but to a healthier mental and physical state.
Brushing Doesn’t Do It All
Brushing and flossing regularly are imperative in dental hygiene. However, food, coffee, and other items you ingest can still discolor your teeth. Teeth whitening can help provide the extra sparkle that good brushing and flossing can’t.
Whitening does more than brighten the smile. It also brings health benefits to the mouth. Stains are made up of bacteria that brushing, rinsing, and flossing don’t get.
Unfortunately, that bacteria can cause tooth decay and other dental issues. It can also lead to issues like lung infections, organ failure, cancer, and more. By having your teeth whitened, you are getting rid of harmful bacteria that can cause several other problems.
Quick, Affordable, and Safe
Professional teeth whitening in Palmdale, CA is a completely safe process. The treatments provided professionally utilize products that do not damage the gums and enamel, as many OTC treatments do.
Additionally, professional teeth whitening is one of the most affordable ways to boost your appearance. And, it takes little time – you can schedule the treatment on your lunch break.
Opens Doors to Opportunity
As sad as it may seem, people are often judged by their appearance, including stained and discolored teeth. These judgments can prevent you from advancing in certain areas of life.
For example, imagine applying for your dream job. The interviewer notices you have discolored teeth and makes the assumption that you do not take care of basic hygiene. This could very well prevent you from getting that job. Though whitening your teeth will not solve everything, it might provide you with opportunities that stained or discolored teeth might block.
If you’re ready to experience the benefits for yourself, make an appointment with Pacific Dental Care. For a teeth whitening appointment, call East Palmdale, CA at (661) 285-8600, West Palmdale at (661) 267-5700, Lancaster at (661) 948-8187, or Rosamond at (661) 256-2500.
Do you have a missing tooth? If so, then you may be interested in dental implants in Palmdale, CA. You need to learn more about how this process works so you can figure out if this is right for you. If so, Pacific Dental Care can help you in Rosamund, Lancaster, West Palmdale, or East Palmdale.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants in Palmdale, CA are a way to help people who are missing one or more teeth. There are two parts to a dental implant. The first is a screw that is placed in the jaw. The screw acts as the root of the implant, keeping the cap in place. Then, a porcelain cap is screwed on top of the screw. The cap matches the surrounding native teeth. They come in all shades and sizes, so the dentist can tailor them to match your teeth. Once the dental implant has healed, you can eat a regular diet.
How Can a Dental Implant Help You?
There are several benefits of having dental implants. These include:
- A dental implant is customized to match the surrounding teeth. Therefore, it is nearly impossible to differentiate the implant from the native teeth.
- A dental implant is incredibly strong and durable. It is not unusual for a dental implant to last for the rest of someone's life.
- Once you have a dental implant in place, you can eat a regular diet. You don't have to worry about breaking the dental implant if you bite into something hard.
- A dental implant is relatively easy to take care of. You simply have to brush and floss the dental implant the same way you do your native teeth.
These are just a few of the many benefits of having a dental implant placed. If you think a dental implant might be right for you, then meet with an oral health professional in the local area to discuss your options. This could be a way for you to restore your smile.
What Is the Recovery Process Like?
There are several points to note about the recovery process. These include:
- A dental implant is usually placed in two sittings. One is for the screw and the other is for the cap.
- You might feel a bit sore for a few days, but many people do not require any prescription pain medication.
- It may take some time for the gums to heal, so they might be sensitive for a while.
If you are looking for dental implants in Palmdale, CA, then Pacific Dental Care can help you. Call (661) 256-2500 for Rosamond, (661) 267-5700 for West Palmdale, (661) 948-8187 for Lancaster, and (661) 285-8600 for East Palmdale today to make an appointment!
Pacific Dental Care is proud to be your Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale, CA, dentist with convenient locations in Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale. We provide comprehensive dental care for patients of all ages and love to see whole families making regular appointments and taking great care of their oral health. Keep reading about oral hygiene, and come see our skilled team of dentists for a professional cleaning!
It's important to see your dentist twice a year for teeth cleaning for your oral and your overall health. Regular teeth cleanings prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar to protect you from tooth decay, gum disease, and keep your smile looking great!
Plaque is sticky bacteria that builds up on the teeth. If it is not removed by regular brushing, it hardens and forms into tartar. Tartar cannot be brushed away and must be removed by a dental professional. When plaque and tartar build up on the teeth, the bacteria can penetrate the enamel layer, causing decay. The bacteria can also irritate the gums and cause gum disease. When you get regular professional cleanings plaque and tartar are removed before they build up and cause problems.
Regularly scheduled appointments at your dentist in Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale, CA, are also important so that you have a checkup and oral cancer screening. With an exam, your dentist can tell you if you need to adjust your hygiene routine for any problem areas. You should be brushing for two minutes twice a day and flossing at least once a day. If you have a history of cavities, your dentist may recommend adding a fluoride rinse to your routine. When you prioritize preventative care like regular visits, it equates to less time and money spent at the dentist overall.
Pacific Dental Care wants to see you twice a year for professional teeth cleanings. Schedule regular cleanings at your Rosamond, West Palmdale, Lancaster, and East Palmdale, CA, dentist to take care of your oral health and make sure your smile looks great. Our dental team is happy to serve you at our multiple locations. To make an appointment, contact us in Rosamond at (661) 256-2500, in West Palmdale at (661) 267-5700, in Lancaster at (661) 948-8187, and in East Palmdale at (661) 285-8600.
A misaligned bite can affect your appearance and your oral health. Fortunately, the orthodontic treatment offered by your Rosamond, Lancaster, East Palmdale, and West Palmdale, CA, orthodontists at Pacific Dental Care will improve the alignment of your bite.
Common types of misaligned bites
Your bite is the way your upper and lower teeth come together. If the teeth don't fit together properly, you have a bite problem. Bite problems can cause a variety of issues, including:
- Lower self-esteem
- Difficulty chewing or speaking clearly
- Cuts to your tongue, cheeks, or lips from misaligned teeth
- Tooth damage
- Teeth grinding
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD)
Bite problems include:
- Overbite: Your upper teeth protrude over your lower teeth if you have an overbite.
- Underbite: The opposite problem occurs with an underbite. The lower teeth extend beyond the upper teeth.
- Upper Front Teeth Protrusion: Commonly called "buck teeth," this bite problem causes the front teeth to stick out.
- Open Bite: If you have an anterior open bite, your back teeth don't meet when you close your mouth. In a posterior open bite, the front teeth don't meet.
- Crossbite: Crossbites also cause misalignments. An anterior crossbite happens when your lower teeth are behind your upper teeth, while a posterior crossbite causes the upper teeth to fit behind your lower teeth when you bring your teeth together.
Crowding or spaces between teeth can also affect the alignment and appearance of your teeth.
How orthodontic treatment can improve your bite problem
If you're diagnosed with a bite problem during your visit to the Rosamond, Lancaster, East and West Palmdale, CA, dental office, your orthodontist may suggest orthodontic treatment to gradually realign your bite. During your treatment, you'll wear braces or aligner trays that will exert pressure on your teeth, which will slowly change their alignment. Treatment options include:
- Metal Braces: These braces consist of metal wires threaded through brackets cemented onto the teeth.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces use clear or tooth-colored brackets and wires instead of metal wires and brackets.
- Lingual Braces: Lingual braces are placed on the backsides of teeth.
- Invisalign: These clear, removable trays are placed over the teeth and offer a more subtle straightening experience.
Do you have a bite problem? Call your orthodontists in East or West Palmdale, Rosamond, and Lancaster, CA, to schedule a visit. The offices of Pacific Dental Care can be reached by calling these numbers:
(661) 256-2500 (Rosamond)
(661) 267-5700 (West Palmdale)
(661) 948-8187 (Lancaster)
(661) 285-8600 (East Palmdale)
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.