Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
When you are missing teeth, it is critical to replace them. Without all your teeth, chewing and eating can be challenging, as well as uncomfortable. Missing teeth can also destabilize your bite. Dental implants are a great option for replacing teeth that are missing or are badly diseased. A dental implant at Pacific Dental Care in Palmdale, CA, offers relief, support, and stability to your bite, and often, implants are the most natural and effective option available.
Our team has helped many patients using implant dentistry at our office restore their smiles to look more natural. Each implant is created to fit in perfectly with the look of the rest of your teeth.
Besides making your smile appear more natural, dental implants have other benefits. They include:
- Restoring your ability to properly chew food
- Preventing your teeth from shifting and moving
- Stabilizing your bite, helping you avoid pain or discomfort
If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth and feel like you are a candidate for dental implants, our team at Pacific Dental Care in Palmdale, CA, encourage you to give us a call to schedule an appointment. You can reach our office at (661) 267-5700.
Do you have a missing tooth? If so, then you may be interested in dental implants in Palmdale, CA. You need to learn more about how this process works so you can figure out if this is right for you. If so, Pacific Dental Care can help you in Rosamund, Lancaster, West Palmdale, or East Palmdale.
What Is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants in Palmdale, CA are a way to help people who are missing one or more teeth. There are two parts to a dental implant. The first is a screw that is placed in the jaw. The screw acts as the root of the implant, keeping the cap in place. Then, a porcelain cap is screwed on top of the screw. The cap matches the surrounding native teeth. They come in all shades and sizes, so the dentist can tailor them to match your teeth. Once the dental implant has healed, you can eat a regular diet.
How Can a Dental Implant Help You?
There are several benefits of having dental implants. These include:
- A dental implant is customized to match the surrounding teeth. Therefore, it is nearly impossible to differentiate the implant from the native teeth.
- A dental implant is incredibly strong and durable. It is not unusual for a dental implant to last for the rest of someone's life.
- Once you have a dental implant in place, you can eat a regular diet. You don't have to worry about breaking the dental implant if you bite into something hard.
- A dental implant is relatively easy to take care of. You simply have to brush and floss the dental implant the same way you do your native teeth.
These are just a few of the many benefits of having a dental implant placed. If you think a dental implant might be right for you, then meet with an oral health professional in the local area to discuss your options. This could be a way for you to restore your smile.
What Is the Recovery Process Like?
There are several points to note about the recovery process. These include:
- A dental implant is usually placed in two sittings. One is for the screw and the other is for the cap.
- You might feel a bit sore for a few days, but many people do not require any prescription pain medication.
- It may take some time for the gums to heal, so they might be sensitive for a while.
If you are looking for dental implants in Palmdale, CA, then Pacific Dental Care can help you. Call (661) 256-2500 for Rosamond, (661) 267-5700 for West Palmdale, (661) 948-8187 for Lancaster, and (661) 285-8600 for East Palmdale today to make an appointment!